This year once again STANSW is offering a (in person) Practice Speaking Day for your HSC (Beginners, Continuers, Extension courses).
Date: Saturday June 17 (Term 2, Week 8).
Time: 10am to 3pm
- Continuers: 10am – 12pm
- Beginners: 1pm- 3pm
- Extension: 1pm-2:30pm
Place: Wenona School (176 Walker St, North Sydney)
Cost: (needs to be paid in advance via the association’s website, NOT on the day)
* Continuers $15 per student (covers the price of 2 practices per student)
* Beginners $10 per student (covers the price of 2 practices per student)
* Extension $5 per student (covers a practice monologue and discussion workshop)
Important details for teachers:
- For your students to be able to participate we need you to come on the day and conduct oral examinations with students from other schools. (Please note that for the day to run smoothly and on time, we need a ratio of 1 teacher per 8 students).
- To participate, please fill in this form before June 2. Places may be limited, so be early! (If you are just willing to help but will not bring any students, please fill in 0 in those sections, and GRACIAS for your generosity!)
- The collection of money needs to be made by teachers and payment needs to be made via our website by Wednesday June 7.
- Please remember feedback will, unfortunately, not be able to be provided to students on the day.
- Students are expected to record their two practice sessions using their own devices.
1) If teachers are unable to attend this event in person and would like to organise their students to do it online via Zoom instead, the STANSW can support you in putting you in contact with other teachers willing to do the same so you can manage among yourselves the logistics of this alternative mode of delivery.
2) We are not offering the Ab Initio or Spanish B options for this event but are happy to hear from you should you wish us to include them. Thank you in advance for your support!
3) Entries are non-refundable
REGISTRATIONS FOR THIS EVENT HAVE NOW CLOSED.