STA NSW Rural Professional Learning Grant
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR 2023
Once again this year, the STA NSW Rural Professional Learning Grant will be awarded to one teacher in rural NSW for the attendance in person to any of the association’s paid professional development offerings. The successful applicant will receive complimentary entry to the event, and can claim up to $270 travel and accommodation expenses.
The grant will be open to people who are:
● Teaching Spanish in 2023.
● Currently employed in a NSW government or non-government school.
● Teaching in a school that is located a distance greater than 200 km from the venue (calculated by Google Maps).
● Current financial members of STA NSW.
Applicants for the grant will need to email STA NSW (firstname.lastname@example.org) a statement of approximately 600 words describing the expected benefits and learning to be gained by attending the event and networking with other teachers, and how those learnings will be shared with teachers from your school and/or region. Applicants should also indicate their willingness to write a comprehensive report about the event for the Association’s newsletter.
The applications will be judged on the following set of criteria:
● The content in the applicant's statement describing the expected benefits and learnings to be gained by attending the event and networking with other teachers, as well as how those learnings will be shared with teachers from your school and region.
● Willingness to write an article on the event for the Association’s newsletter (minimum length: 350 words)
The successful applicant:
1. Will receive complimentary entry to the event.
2. Will submit an invoice after the event for the value up to $250 for travel and accommodation.
3. Understands the invoice for expenses will be paid by STA NSW.
4. Will have their name and school publicised by STA NSW.
5. Will write an article based on the event for the Association’s newsletter
Applications close Friday July 28. Send your application to email@example.com