We are excited to announce the latest initiative for professional development this year by our association: a professional reading book club!
We will start it with the latest book from Gianfranco Conti and Steve Smith called “Memory: What every language teacher should know”.
The idea is to discuss 4 chapters each meeting before having a final meeting with Conti himself in Spanish.
The dates for these meetings are as follows:
- Thursday August 5, 4 30 to 5.30 pm (discussion on chapters 1 to 4)
- Tuesday September 14, 4 30 to 5.30 pm (discussion on chapters 5 to 8) **UPDATED**
- Thursday October 7, 4 30 to 5.30 pm (discussion on chapters 9 to 12)
- Thursday November 4, 4 30 to 5.30 pm(discussion on chapters 13 to 16)
- Wednesday December 1 (4 to 6pm final meeting with Conti)
The prices for this professional development opportunity are
STANSW members: $30
** Book purchase not included **
Book available on Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/z22s78rh
Click below to sign up!